Mount Charles recognises employees at first annual Trevi Awards
The awards, named after founder Trevor Annon, were held at Down Royal Racecourse in Lisburn and attended by 200 employees, suppliers and business partners.
Moutn Charles founder, Trevor Annon, said: “This event is a wonderful way to reflect on 29 years in business and the people who have contributed to our success.
“We now employ around 2,100 people, making us one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland and it gives me great privilege to say that so many of our team have been with the company for a long time, particularly as our industry is typically associated with a high turnover of staff.”
The headline award, The Pride of Mount Charles Award, was given to Marie McGeown, combined services manager at Drumglass High School in Dungannon. McGeown joined the company in 1999 and was praised for driving and managing the business as if it was her own.
The winners were:
- Barista of the Year: Eniko Hadju, Fed& Watered at Exeter Airport
- Foodservice Assistant of the Year: Amanda Dinnen, Fed & Watered at the Obel, Belfast
- Vending Merchandiser of the Year: David Kinsella
- Cleaning Operative of the Year: Julie-Anne Gough
- Chef/Cook of the Year: Ciaran Drain, Ulster University
- Outstanding Customer Service: Evangeline Lacey, Laganside Courts
- Best Newcomer: Nuala McNally, Cleaning & Support Services
- Annon House / Montgomery Road Support Star: Diane Tomany, Finance
- Unit Manager of the Year: Margaret McAfee, Hendersons
- Manager of the Year: Janice Stewart, Ulster University